Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Getting Started

I've decided to create this blog so my friends and family can recreate many of the things I enjoy making. I have had many requests for recipes and "how did you do that?" questions. As a 1 income family, I am dedicated to shopping and crafting on a budget. My DIY projects and dishes will be inexpensive to create and/or make because we all know money is precious!!

My New Year's resolution was to make one new dish a week for the entire year. I didn't want to do the classic "lose weight" resolution because that can sometimes set me up for failure. The 52 (or more) dishes can include appetizers, main dishes, or desserts. I will post the recipe or sometimes recipes for the week and whether it was good along with changes I would make the next go around. As any good home chef (just a boost of confidence) mistakes are made and we learn to make changes or to NEVER make that dish again!

As for the craft projects, many will include kid friendly crafts because there is nothing better than to create something with your babies! I own a Cricut and sewing machine so some crafts will use these tools. My suggestion is to modify the Cricut projects by using precut shapes and such from, my favorite story, Hobby Lobby. As for sewing projects I don't think you can substitute anything except to hand sew which is time consuming, but possible. If you can hand sew, you are my sewing hero!!

I love feedback and suggestions so please share away!!!

I look forward to this journey and am excited to share my many adventures of crafting and cooking with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Mortashed Family!!

I was recently married in February of 2011 and am enjoying newlywed life. My husband and I have welcomed a beautiful baby girl, Adalynn, into our family in January of 2013. She will be the inspiration behind many of my crafty projects. Thanks to my hardworking husband, I have become a stay at home mom while I put my teaching career on the back burner. Being a mom is extremely rewarding and wouldn't trade it for anything. I love crafting, baking, and cooking as a lot of others do as well. My craft projects will be diverse but simple to follow as I have limited time with a baby on hand. I hope you enjoy these Do It Yourself projects and delicious dishes and baked goods!