Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Creamy Beef Stroganoff

So, for those who don't know me, I am a Pinterest addict! I am constantly repining everything I see that I might like to make. This recipe is no exception! Like many people, we eat with our eyes and the original picture sure caught mine. The original recipe can be found here! It started as a Portobello Mushroom and Kale Stroganoff. However, after grocery shopping, I couldn't find Kale so I decided to add beef instead. I made several changes to the original recipe and there are still more changes I would make the next go around.

Ingredients:

1 white onion
1 Tbs minced garlic
2 Portobello mushrooms (sliced in strips)
1 lbs ground beef
1 Tsp paprika
1 can beef broth
1 Tbs tomato paste
Egg noodles
1 cup of Greek yogurt



If you look at the original recipe, it calls for much more. I would have used 2 cans of cream of mushroom instead of Greek yogurt. I was not a fan of the tangy-ness of the Greek yogurt. I would also keep an extra can of cream of mushroom on hand just in case I wanted more creaminess.

Step 1:

Boil Water for Egg noodles
Brown the onion and ground beef.

 

 Step 2:

Drain the grease and add the sliced mushrooms

 

 Step 3:

Add the beef stock, tomato paste, and Greek yogurt (replace Greek yogurt with cream of mushroom), and the paprika. Mix until desired creaminess. I did not reach my desired creaminess and that is why I would replace the yogurt with the cream of mushroom soup.
 

Step 4:

Add the noodles and stir until coated



 
 

Step 5:

Serve and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and ENJOY!!
 
 
 
This is a meal I would make again and make the above changes! Unfortunately, my husband does not like HATES mushrooms and will not eat this. I will have to make this when he is away for work!. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Mortashed Family!!

I was recently married in February of 2011 and am enjoying newlywed life. My husband and I have welcomed a beautiful baby girl, Adalynn, into our family in January of 2013. She will be the inspiration behind many of my crafty projects. Thanks to my hardworking husband, I have become a stay at home mom while I put my teaching career on the back burner. Being a mom is extremely rewarding and wouldn't trade it for anything. I love crafting, baking, and cooking as a lot of others do as well. My craft projects will be diverse but simple to follow as I have limited time with a baby on hand. I hope you enjoy these Do It Yourself projects and delicious dishes and baked goods!