Monday, July 28, 2014

Toilet Paper Tube Dragonfly

I'm always looking for fun and easy crafts to do with my daughter that use materials I already have around the house. This is a very easy craft and versatile! Though I used my Cricut machine to cut out the dragonfly pattern, you may use an image from the internet as a stencil.

Materials:

- Toilet paper tube
- Dragonfly pattern (Cricut machine "create a critter" OR google images)
- A piece of scrapbook paper 4"X7"
- Googly eyes
- Tape
- Glue

 

Directions:

1. Cut out your dragonfly. I used my cricut machine but you can simply find a dragonfly image on google and use that as a stencil. Make it easy on yourself!
2. Measure your scrapbook paper to be 4 inches wide and 7 inches tall.
3. Tape the scrapbook paper around the dragonfly
4. glue the wrapped toilet paper tube onto the body of your dragonfly
5. Glue the googly eyes to the dragonfly.











I allowed my daughter to choose her paper, press the buttons on the Cricut, tape, and glue so she would be involved in every aspect of the project. She enjoyed it and it was simple for her to execute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Mortashed Family!!

I was recently married in February of 2011 and am enjoying newlywed life. My husband and I have welcomed a beautiful baby girl, Adalynn, into our family in January of 2013. She will be the inspiration behind many of my crafty projects. Thanks to my hardworking husband, I have become a stay at home mom while I put my teaching career on the back burner. Being a mom is extremely rewarding and wouldn't trade it for anything. I love crafting, baking, and cooking as a lot of others do as well. My craft projects will be diverse but simple to follow as I have limited time with a baby on hand. I hope you enjoy these Do It Yourself projects and delicious dishes and baked goods!