Monday, June 9, 2014

Father's Day Canvas

Looking for a simple Father's Day craft for a little one to do? This is exactly what you you've been looking for. My daughter, who is 1 1/2, loves finger painting! In fact, she asks to do it all the time. So I thought, why not incorporate her love of painting into a gift for her daddy. We created a canvas he can hang beside the bed.


MATERIALS:

8x10 canvas
finger paints
1 3/4" wooden letters (to spell what you want)
hot glue
picture hangers (found in the framing section of Hobby Lobby)


INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Finger paint the canvas and allow it to dry.

 

2. Tape the wooden letters to a piece of paper and drop finger paint along each wooden letter. Then finger paint the letters and let dry.




3. Pull the letters off of the paper and arrange on the canvas as desired.
4. Hot glue the letters down on the canvas and let dry.
5. Add the picture hanger to the back of the canvas and you are ready to deliver your gift.


You may also use acrylic paints, but my little one tends to paint everything around her including herself so acrylic paints were a no go for us!!

My daughter made 2 different canvas', one for her Daddy and the other for her Papawl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Mortashed Family!!

I was recently married in February of 2011 and am enjoying newlywed life. My husband and I have welcomed a beautiful baby girl, Adalynn, into our family in January of 2013. She will be the inspiration behind many of my crafty projects. Thanks to my hardworking husband, I have become a stay at home mom while I put my teaching career on the back burner. Being a mom is extremely rewarding and wouldn't trade it for anything. I love crafting, baking, and cooking as a lot of others do as well. My craft projects will be diverse but simple to follow as I have limited time with a baby on hand. I hope you enjoy these Do It Yourself projects and delicious dishes and baked goods!