Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Whooo's the Sweetest?

Valentine's Day is sneaking up and here is a quick and easy Valentine you can do for a school exchange or just because you want to give a little something to a few friends!

Materials:
  • 5 1/2 in square piece of colored paper
  • small white piece of paper
  • black piece of paper
  • small orange piece of paper (easy if it's a square)
  • Glue stick
  • pencil
  • medium circle shape (to trace)
  • smaller circle shape (to trace
  • scissors
  • individually wrapped candies

Instructions:
1. Fold your 5 1/2 square piece of paper in half. With the open half pointed away from your body draw a bracket: { just like the picture below
 

2. Now along the shorter side of the folded piece of paper, draw a semi-circle; do the same on the opposite side. See picture below


3. Now cut along  your lines so the finished piece looks like the below picture.


4. Using this as a template, create as many owl faces as you desire.


5. Using the orange piece of paper, you will create a small (in fact it might actually be tiny) triangle. This will become the beak. I made it easier on myself and simply cut off the corners. (See picture below) If you choose to take this route, you will need several pieces of orange paper.


6.Use your 2 size circle items for tracing, and trace 2 of the medium circles on to the white paper, and trace 2 of the smaller circles on to the black paper. (See picture below)This will become your eyes. Cut out the circles.

 
 
 
7. Glue the beak on first, then the eyes.

8. Now you are ready to glue the candy inside. Open up the face, and place a lot of glue on one side. Lay the candy on top and then close the face and press down making sure to seal it so that it will remain closed.


9. On the back, you can write whatever saying you like that pertains to owls: "Whoooo _______". I chose to write "Whoo's the sweetest?"




Happy Valentine's Day!
 
Enjoy your simple Valentine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Mortashed Family!!

I was recently married in February of 2011 and am enjoying newlywed life. My husband and I have welcomed a beautiful baby girl, Adalynn, into our family in January of 2013. She will be the inspiration behind many of my crafty projects. Thanks to my hardworking husband, I have become a stay at home mom while I put my teaching career on the back burner. Being a mom is extremely rewarding and wouldn't trade it for anything. I love crafting, baking, and cooking as a lot of others do as well. My craft projects will be diverse but simple to follow as I have limited time with a baby on hand. I hope you enjoy these Do It Yourself projects and delicious dishes and baked goods!